Let me tell you why I want to be round.
The Japanese round shape dolls are known as Daruma (達磨) and its purpose is to remind you to stay focus on dreams.
Daruma makes a great personal talisman to push persistence because it is closely related to the Japanese proverb “Fall down seven times, get up eight” ( 七転び八起き). Daruma’s unique rounded shape allows it to return to its original position even if knocked over, representing persistence💪
How to use a Daruma doll?
1. The colors represent different types of goals. Choose wisely.
2. Draw on one eye to signify your commitment.
3. Write your goal on the heart painted on the back. 🙏
4. Once you achieve your goal draw on the other eye ✍
5. Congratulations write🎉 your achieved goal on the back of Daruma.
- Daruma is the name of the father of Zen Buddhism.
- There is a Daruma temple in the city of Takasaki, Japan.
- There is a Daruma Festival held on January 6th and 7th of every year.
- Daruma doll does have arms and legs, and the legend that his arms and legs shriveled off when in deep meditation.
- The zazen posture is one with the legs folded under the body, and the meditation involves clearing the mind of distracting thoughts to achieve a mental concentration.